Customer Support Consultant, Cruise VBU
In January 2018, SpecTec launched a dedicated business unit for the Cruise market. The goal is to triple the revenues of the newco over the next 5 years. The Cruise market is forecasting significant expansion and investment over the next ten years. The industry has already committed to over $56bn in new vessel builds and a 30% increase in global capacity. Creating a dedicated team is fundamental to driving growth and delivering on our business objectives.
Cruise VBU is all about finding the right people for the right role and allowing them the opportunity to directly contribute to the successes of the organisation. Employees are experts in their field, passionate about what they do and always looking for new and innovative ways to develop business across our chosen markets. Our staff come from a wide range of cultural, educational and geographic backgrounds and are able to work in a dynamic entrepreneurial environment that values individual perspectives. SpecTec offer competitive remuneration and the chance to learn from the best in the business. SpecTec is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Customer Support Consultant is a member of the global Client Services team. The role involves the timely response and resolution of support requests received from the Cruise client base. The Support Consultant is expected to work in partnership with clients, resolving trouble tickets and advising them how to use SpecTec products in order to meet their business objectives and overcome any problems. The Customer Support Consultant should possess a clear understanding of functionality for multiple supported products and/or applications and of the practical business processes customers use when implementing and operating the supported products.
The development of strong and intimate relationships with customers is crucial in order to ensure that the support delivered is derived as adding value to the customer and reflected in their ongoing acceptance of payment of annual maintenance fees.
Reporting directly to the Client Services Manager the Customer Support Consultant will be required to work closely with the global Cruise Service Delivery team and SpecTec’s other VBU’s to offer constructive feedback in improving the processes in SpecTec with a focus on delivering better support to its customers and improving customer attrition rate.
Working closely with other business line units the Support Consultant is to be engaged and involved in regular meetings as required and stipulated by the Service Delivery Manager. Communicating effectively is critical to having a successful role and in delivering an end to end solution for our Customers.
The primary responsibility of the Customer Support Consultant is the provision of support and assistance to our customers, resolving faults and answering queries. Involvement in customer training activities and other consultancy is largely dependent upon the business need at the time, skill set of the individual or training programme schedule.
Key responsibilities include:
- Act as the first tier technical support via support desk (internet), email and phone to customers;
- Meeting customer satisfaction targets and mitigating attrition.
- The Support Consultant is responsible for ensuring that the call has been correctly logged into the SpecTec help desk system and answered in accordance with company procedures. This may involve interaction with other groups within the Cruise organisation or other SpecTec VBU’s.
- Using existing skills and knowledge to find resolution to customer Incidents as efficiently as possible;
- Ensures that requests are handled according to agreed SLA procedures, supplying all necessary diagnostic information. Uses judgement to set priority for resolution, monitor progress and apply escalation procedures for problems not progressing satisfactorily;
- Provides detailed advice and guidance to customers in the effective use of systems, products and services available to them; demonstrates ingenuity in applying knowledge to non-standard situations;
- Within a broad area of competence, investigates issues and other requests for support and determines appropriate actions to take.
- Provides correct responses to requests for support by means of; making system modifications, developing work-around or customer-specific enhancements, manipulating data, reconfiguration, changing operating process/work flow, training users or operations staff, producing additional documentation, or escalating requests to Product Development. Fixes and patches where appropriate are provided to the customer through email, FTP or remote access.
- Liaises with Service Delivery on the development of system enhancements to overcome known defects or further fulfil user requirements (Change Requests);
- Monitors progress of requests for support and ensure users and other interested parties are kept informed. Takes corrective action to avoid or minimize delays;
- Resolve each issue within the contract SLA. Where support is deemed chargeable, to ensure that the correct procedure is carried out and the Client Services Manager informed.
- Explores, evaluates and proposes new business opportunities;
- Performing on-site visits where required (implementation, training, trouble-shooting);
- Execution of assigned Operations (Consultancy and/or Project) tasks where directed by the Service Delivery Manager;
- Creation of Bespoke Documentation for both internal and/or external use;
- Provision of Standard or Bespoke Training courses (onsite or off-site);
- System Quality Assurance Testing (i.e. patch testing, upgrade testing, etc
- Provide pro-active problem management by checking manufacturer web sites, product updates, testing and producing Knowledge Base Articles, Bulletins and beta release of our products;
- Strictly comply with the company policies;
- Strictly comply with the communication protocol as per reporting line;
- To produce regular reports of outstanding and resolved support issues as required;
Responsible to comply with company procedures in submitting Timesheets, Expense Notes and Technical Intervention Forms/Requests (for billable work only).
Required Skills / attributes:
- Passion for delivering excellence in customer services
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; English is mandatory and other languages is desirable
- Demonstrate a general understanding of architecture and infrastructure for client software as well as any peripheral products
- Knowledge of Information systems/Technology
- Systems (Networks and network protocols TCP / IP), Hardware
- Operating Systems
- Relational databases (Microsoft SQL Server, Sybase Adaptive Server Anyware, Oracle)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong customer management skills and must be confident and effective in the delivery of any product training or functional demonstrations
Good to have, but not essential
- Knowledge of Programming Languages (.NET, C++, etc)
- Knowledge of PowerBuilder development tools
- Knowledge of SQL
- A basic knowledge/understanding of maritime business processes
- Recruiter Interview/Screening
- SpecTec Interview
- SpecTec Final interview