We are looking for a Database Administrator to join our R&D team in La Spezia or Genoa. Working on our maritime asset management applications, we are looking for an individual that is able to work in team and help our developers managing the data layer.
The role needs someone who will understand the developers’ needs at RDBMS layer and able to develop database structure, stored procedures, functions, triggers, maintenance plan and optimize performances.
The working contest is a multinational team with several expertise involved.
- Design and develop advanced database solutions including T-SQL stored procedures, functions and triggers
- Monitor and maintain security and performance
- Monitor long running transactions and have the ability to optimize query executions using best practices and methodologies
- Assist in the design process as needed
- Develop and suggest Maintenance procedures tied to our Applications
- Develop and suggest backup and recovery plans
- Responsible for the databases in Microsoft SQL Server environments that support OLTP and OLAP, including database integrity, performance tuning
- Audits, modifies, and amends data using SQL commands, hand editing, and bulk imports
- Oversees the scheduling of database projects on database and transaction log backups, notifications, and database replication between multiple SQL Servers and remote sites
- Assists software developers in creating stored procedures and SQL commands to properly query databases
- Creates documentation on database recovery, processes, maintenance and architecture
- BS degree in one of the following subject areas; Computer Science, Business Administration, Information Technology or related field preferred
- Valid Microsoft DBA certification
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience developing large scale complex database solutions
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2005, 2008 (r2) and 2012
- Demonstrated experience with Applications and BI database design
- Ability to track and resolve database related incidents as well as requests
- Must have a service oriented mentality, as well as a strong sense of ownership of any requests assigned
- Knowledge of other RDBMS like Oracle and Adaptive Server Anywhere is preferable
- Good communication skills in English are mandatory